"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not naughty...just curious





I like to refer to Cheyenne as busy or curious instead of naughty. If I think of it in that way, I don't get quite as frustrated when she is into everything. When I cook I put out toys, open up drawers for her to play with pots and pans--yet she chooses to head straight for the dog food, pull down decorations, get into anything open, head up the stairs or climb up my leg. She had a naughty twinkle in her eyes as she headed toward the toilet paper roll the other day.She does try to splash in the toilet as well but even I don't run to grab the camera when she is getting that close. I assume my other 2 did this too, but I am just out of practice. I have three levels of stairs, so to switch the laundry I have to take her with me and do it one handed, or barricade her downstairs so she doesn't follow me or put her upstairs and barricade those stairs.If you shut a door or put up the gate she throws a baby tantrum. She climbs the gate immediately and I worry that it will fall down so I take her down and put her in another room to give me a headstart:)


Today she woke like normal and drank her morning bottle next to me in bed, then she turned and threw up all over me like it was nothing. Not a little spit up, but projectile milk across the bed. That gets a person out of bed fast:) Then she started her busy morning of exploring. I figured that a baby that just lost most of her breakfast should relax a little, but she didn't notice. I bathed her and then it happened again. 5 more times before noon actually. She puked all of breakfast and started on yesterdays food, yet she would only pause for a minute, whine while I cleaned her up, and went back to exploring again. Seriously, nothing slows this girl down...

1 comment:

Genesis said...

Lol now you know how I feel with the throw up such a cutie so into everything I can wait for this stage to come Lol!