"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chihuahua



I am not sure why the media is obsessed with Chihuahas. Do you know how often people say "yo quiero Taco Bell" when I take him out? Just like the sale of Clown Fish increased after "Finding Nemo" came out, I am sure people will be running out and buying Chihuahuas. My husband (anti-Chihuahua) continues to push the idea of putting Tito in a box with a For sale sign around his neck, outside the theater. Yes, he is a wimpy little dog who pees on himself if a dog comes at him(although he started it), can't take walks at night without jumping from every shadow. We lose him every once in awhile because we close a door and didn't see him walk in. We make jokes about him all of the time, but it still amazes me when people say rude things like "Rat on a leash". Funny- but still rude to say to a strangers pet, don't you think? We went from a husky and a german shepherd at the same time, and although I miss the big dogs I don't miss the mess, noise, destruction and danger to my children. I never thought I would have a Chihuahua but 1- he was free(homeless), 2- he rarely barks (he does try to be a hero with other dogs when he is outside) 3-He pees on demand(how many of YOU can do that:)4-my kids can walk him without be dragged down the street. 5-He only eats 1/2 cup of food a day. How many dogs can you dress up with Mr.Potato head accessories? So I post this to admit that yes, I own a Chihuahua, and yes, I like it. Also,if you see my husband outside the theater and Tito has a price tag on his neck...please let me know:)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think one of the big reasons that Chihuahua's get so much media is a lot of famous people have them and treat them better than some people treat thier kids.

I am not a dog person, so whether you have a St. Bernard or a Chihuahua it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. ;) (Other than I will not be affraid of the Chihuahua, but I will be of anything bigger than a lap dog....)

CKB said...

Aw, I love Tito!!!