Some of you may know our house is for sale. Yes, it may seem that it has been forever. Technically I put it on the MLS myself 5 months ago and tried selling it myself for 2 months. We planned on building to West Jordan, and had two months to sell. After 2 months they asked if we wanted to extend and for whatever reason we didn't --it jsut didn't feel right anymore. We worried about capital gains tax for selling before 2 years. A month or so later a persistent, but likable realtor, kept calling and talking to me about selling. We had a visit in which we learned that the capital gains would npt effect us and buying a home right now would be the best choice. Of course SELLING the house is the tricky part. We looked into pre-existing homes and then decided on building one down the street-if the prices are similar, why not go for brand new. So currently we have the lot on hold, and the colors, etc picked for the home. Now to sell...ready go... Technically it has been 2 months, and not completely crazy is this market to expect a delay. Different things come our way and we continue to pray that we will be lead in the right direction. Recently, a foreclosure property has come our way for $20,000 less and more sq ft than the one we would build. We have stayed away from foreclosures becasue of their uncertainty but this one is bank approved and would be a quicker procedure. So I think maybe this is way everything has taken so long--we had to be patient for the house that would be best for us. We will look through the house in a couple days and see if it is soemthing we are serious about.We have peaked through windows and hung out in the backyard so far and we really like it. Although the hubby complains it is 6 minutes on to his commute. It is not in the same neighborhood but still down the street.Yet, I have not let myself get attached to one particular house. I would love to move one more time so we can avoid any more moves while the children grow.We don't need a mansion to raise our future 12 children:) but I would like a bit more space. How many bunkbeds can you fit in 4 rooms? So, if we didn't sell our lives would continue to go on like before. BUT, if you have any friends or family who could possibly be interested in my home, tell them about my home.
2 comments:
I want to see pics of the house you want to buy! If I know anyone looking for a home, I will send them your way!
I don't even know what house I want to buy---so that could be a few different pictures:)It is all kind of a waiting game right now.
Post a Comment