"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Love, Hate relationship

My computer finally decided it had enough of me, and gave up. I have had a friend working on it for over a week. When he brought it back I was giddy. I hate that I rely on it for so much.I had 121 emails to go through after four days. At the time I was selling things on Ebay and KSL and bidding on Maddie's Halloween costume. Plus I was working on AJ's He-man birthday invitations, and cropping pictures for scrapbooking. So when it was repaired I was grateful to get back to work. I have about 30 pictures I have taken that I wanted to download, Cheyenne's new picture to scan and share. I sat down to get to work and my printer, scanner and camera were not recognized by my computer. So now I have to figure out what to do again. It seems there is always one thing or another wrong with this thing. I also feel bad to keep hassling my friend to help me. So, all of those cute pictures will just have to wait a few more days. Me and the kids had a fun time picking and canning tomatoes last week. They had their little stools up to the sink as they skinned and put the tomatoes in the jars. AJ, as some may know, has issues with getting dirty. Camping and gardening can be a challenge with him constantly wanting to wash his hands off, or change his clothes. The men in my family, who think men should want to get dirty, hopes he grows out of it! Yet, we have to much obsessive compulsiveness in our genes to expect it to go away completely---but he isn't nearly as bad as he was. He got stung by a bee and when I put mud on it he opted to have the pain instead. Evently he forgot it was on there, and relaxed. When he saw all of those squishy tomatoes in the sink he made quite the face and said, "yuck". In the end both he and Maddie canned about 8 jars themselves. It is so cool to add 20 jars of tomatoes to our food storage and we only paid $1.80 for new sealing lids. My grandma called and said she has a lot of pears , so it looks like another adventure awaits. I remember my moms food storage growing up and I hope my kids will learn from my passion as well.

No comments: