




My AJ is 3 today! I filled his room with balloons last night and put a little present by his door to start out his morning. He woke up and brought it to me and said, "Who is this for?" I told him it was for him, the birthday boy and he thought that was pretty cool. I was a little surprised he didn't just rip it open.Grandma and Grandpa are taking him for breakfast this morning and then to walmart to pick a present(dangerous to let a 3 year old pick anything he wants---I don't even walk by those aisles in case of the "gimmes") Good luck to them:)It feels really wierd to think of him turning 3---kind of sad I guess. He isn't my oldest, so you think I would have dealt with the getting older. I guess I just think of AJ as being my little guy forever and didn't expect him to grow too:) My oldest turns five in over a month, and my baby turns 1, and I feel this little ache inside. Part of me is afraid I will forget all of these moments---probably why I take pictures constantly. One day my little guy that snuggles with me will be a teenager and be embarrassed by me. The other part of me looks forward to them being more independent and being able to do more "me" stuff. But even then I know I will miss being needed. For now I enjoy the moment and try to record all of these times with journals and photos. I will not be a good empty nester:)
My AJ is such a good little guy. I am amazed each day by the things he says and does. He is also my little tease and loves to make people laugh. He can play baseball with Daddy for an hour and then come in and snuggle with me for storytime for an hour. One minute he is a charging with his dinos and the next dressed up like Cinderella! I can't get him to sit still to eat breakfast at the table, yet he can focus on a puzzle for hours. It will be exciting to watch him grow this year.
We will have more pictures on Saturday after his He-man birthday party!

5 comments:
Fun! I cannot imagine Becca that old! Time flies!
Love the pics such cute little guy!!
Happy Birthday AJ!
I miss being his Nursery Teacher, Loved that smile!
He is so cute and so happy! We love having him in nursery . . . if only everyone was as happy and easy going as he is!
Oh, Tiff, if you really have 26 kids like you used to plan on you will NEVER be an empty nester.
Happy Birthday AJ!
Post a Comment