"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, November 3, 2008

Quirks

My friend Kristen tagged me---apparently she thinks I am quirky:) Tag Rules:Link the person who tagged you. Mention the rules on your blogTell about six quirks of yours. Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.
6 Quirks I have
1---I hate shoes. I am proud of my "pioneer feet" that can walk on rocks, hot asphalt, and snow. My husband isn't a big fan of my rough feet under the covers. All of you pedicured people are cringing I know:)I am so used to being barefoot that I drove to the store 20 minutes away and as I went to go in I realized I had no shoes. I had to sneak into a dollar store and buy a pair of flip flops.I now keep them in my car as my emergency pair, and they have come in handy on a few occasions.

2---Every two weeks(payday) I make a detailed grocery list.First I make a 2 week menu and write down every ingredient I will need. Then I list all of the basics we use-bread, eggs, milk,etc. Then all the baby needs like diapers, wipes, baby food. I am a planner and have all activities planned for the kids and budget in that money. I set aside a set amount for food storage and Christmas gifts, plus gas money. This is the first draft. Then it is all categorized on a page according to non grocery and grocery. Then I categorize the grocery into produce, dairy, meat, frozen, etc. That way I can find everything when I am at the store.This is the second draft. Then I check on "myfoodstoragedeals.com" to find the best sale price at the stores. I will go to an individual grocery store if it has a lot of sale items or I ad match at walmart.Then I list the approximate price next to each item and total it up. If it is more than my budget I go through and deduct what isn't necessary.This is the final draft. My husband makes jokes about my obsessively organized grocery list but he knows that it saves tons of money, because I get the best deals and don't go back to the store until next payday.

3---I save all of my baby food jars. I discovered with my last baby that tons of people want them. Last year I donated them to an elementary school teacher that used them for mothers day gifts.Also a middle school teacher for science projects. This year a nonprofit childrens organization wrote to me about them. As well as a lady who makes homemade lotion that she puts in the jars. So if you have jars give them to the schools or advertise them!


4---At home I keep my hair clipped up and in a ponytail. Yet, as soon as the doorbell rings I rip it out and shake my hair, like I keep it glamorous all day while cooking, cleaning and chasing kids:)Iam sensitive about my neck showing and I also don't feel as pretty when my hair is up, so it just became a insecurity thing.

5---I get my baby's pictures taken professionally every month until they reach 1 year. I started it with my first and am determined that each child has the same, even if I have 12 kids. I would prefer every 3 months but it is too late now. I am the 4th kid and I have very little pictures. I love to see the changes they make during that first year. Plus, I only spend $4 a sheet at Target so it fits into my budget(see #2)






6---I check all of my kids about three times before I go to bed at night. I make sure they are covered in their blankets, no toys or books scattered all over them, no messy diaper,they are all breathing good, etc. If they look super precious I will go and get my camera. I have about 20 pictures of them sleeping.Plus my hot hubby(I have him on camcorder snoring as well:)




I am sure I have about 20 more quirks that I will either remember later or I don't realize I have:) I tag Katie, Genesis, Sira, Trenda, Chelsea,Stacey, Brittnee,Dian, Jena,Courtnee, Aubrey...okay anyone in my neighborhood that reads this blog---I would love to get to know you better! We are all wierd and it is time to share it! Happy Election Day!!!

No comments: