
I chose to vote through the mail this year, and it was pretty nice. I got the papers two weeks ago and spent some time sitting on my couch going through the candidate info. I am not a big fan of lines or a lot of people or their fancy machines. Plus I seem to have babies around this time and being 10 months pregnant plus all of the lines is not my idea of fun. Last election I took my kids with me in the stroller to show them how important I think it is. I have only voted 3 times and feel guilty for not taking advantage of this right as an American as well as a women. There is a movie about all of the struggles women went through to get the right to vote called "Iron jawed angels" and I know these women went through that for all of us women and I need to take advantage of it. This year I was not crazy enough to take all 3 kids to the polls with me, but I tried to explain to them what it all meant. I don't think I have always been the best American and I think that I need to start now so my children can realize how great it is to live in this country. I may not agree with all of the candidates but I feel that I at least did my part. I recommend voting through the mail if you have a hard time making it to the polls---of course you don't get the cool "I Voted" sticker:)

No comments:
Post a Comment