"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Saturday, November 15, 2008

My baby turns 1!


It's funny to think that it was just one year ago that I delivered this pretty little girl. They say as time goes by you forget about the pain of labor, and you are ready to go through it again. I have not forgotten:) All three labors bring back certain memories for me. Maddie's was frustration because I could not feel anything(essential in pushing "something" out)and worry because the epidural had negative effects on me and my baby. AJ's was empowering and completely amazing. I get chills thinking about it. I focused throughout the pregnancy to go natural, and when the time came it was jsut like the books had said. I was able to calm myself throuugh the contractions and when it got really bad I was ready to push. No pain really, just pressure and a little stinging. I felt so strong and powerful. I was excited to duplicate the same experience with my third baby. My other labors were less than 6 hours and I felt confident this would be the same. Of course I never expected bedrest with my third baby either.
After 5 hours of contractions the labor reached that really painful stage that I was at when I was ready to deliver AJ. Only with this labor it would be 7 hours more before she was was born. I was relieved to finally start pushing, becasue that was the best part with AJ's birth. Only this time it was the most painful feeling I have ever felt in my life. I had thoughts running through my head "how am I going to get out of this? A little late for that, huh:) Luckily, it was only 20 minutes of pushing, also counted by 6 terrifying screams that scared the pants off of my husband, before she arrived into this world.
.

My first thought? It's over. Second thought? What a beautiful baby. Newborns tend to be squished up and dirty, but she was flawless. Maddie was instantly connected to her while AJ was a quiet observer.
Before she came I couldn't imagine what she would be like and how it would affect our family. Of course now I can't imagine our family without her. Of course it took a couple of months to adjust to our new lifestyle. I was late everywhere we went for the first couple months and completely sleep deprived.I guess we have adjusted to chaos:)

Now she is crawling and cruising and positively keeping me busy. Throughout the day you can hear at our house, "Chey-ENNE" as she tackles the dog, eats his food, knocks over decor, chews on anything, unrolls toilet paper, rips books, climbs up the stairs, and grabs any toy that isn't hers. She has toys, but her curious nature sends her elsewhere. If she can't think of anything destructive she LOVES to hang on my legs and say(shout) mama, mama. This is the only time I hear mama-when she is ticked off at me:) All day I hear Tito, Tito, and Tito. She loves her dog and has to be reminded to not feed him. She is also saying "hello" when she uses her pretend phone, "Jay" for AJ, "Dee" for Maddie, Da Da, dog dog(stinkin dog again:) and tries to imitate everything. She is so stubborn in using her signs but does "all done" the most. Sometimes while in her carseat to know she is ready to get out of there:) She is close to walking, but to chicken to let go off her walking toy. I try to tell myself there isn't much more damage she can do as a walker that she hasn't already figured out.
She can frustrate me at times when I am trying to finish dinner and I have to keep chasing her down. But even when she is doing something naughty, it is adorable. She has this great smile. She usually grins right before she commits the naughty act:) If you get closer she giggles and tries to crawl faster. She has yet to give consistent kisses which I loved with my other babies, but she gives these amazing hugs all day
She has such a cute personality that is starting to shine through, and it is amazing to see how muxh she grows each day. I really feel that this year has flown by and that I should have stopped and enjoyed it more. I have just as many pictures of my third, as I did with my first and second, I am proud to say. Are they scrapbooked yet? No...one day.We celebrated her birthday last week with Maddie's birthday. She wants to do everything with Cheyenne...for now. Anyway, I know I went on and on...but you don't have to read it do you:)Sorry if I scared any people out of having kids with that first part. If it is any consolation--it was worth it:)
I am amazed that I can love someone that has been in my life for such a short amount of time. And how it seems that she has been a part of my life forever, yet it's barely been a year.

1 comment:

Darci said...

what a cute girl! bed rest is the pitts huh? i hope you had as many awesome ladies around you to support you as i did- you were so cute with your little bag of stuff for me to read/eat :) i always think of that when i know a lady on bedrest and try to help her out in the same way. luckily my second pregnancy was problem free and i was up and about the whole time (when i wasn't sleeping/eating :)they're so worth it.