"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Staycation Day 2: Temple and fishing

We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house that afternoon. Before we left we had a FHE with the kids about the importance of temples. We also picked up Megan, who lived with me and Rob for a 6 mths when she was 7 years old. We get to pick her up often and I realized I needed to do a better job of being a missionary. She is my cousins daughter and has been through more than a person should, so if anyone needs the gospel on her life, it is her. The kids love her and no matter how crazy it is to hang out with little kids all day, she seems to enjoy it.
I admit it was a bad idea to take Cheyenne now... She does so much better in church than she did at the temple tour. I had to leave a few different times because she was wiggly and noisy.
Megan(13) with the kids...trying to get them to actually pose for me---this is the best out of 3 sadly.What a beautiful temple!
I think at least 10 people told Maddie how beautiful her white dress was that day...
This is the only picture I could get of this busy girl...of her running away from me...

We went our first time at the Riverton fishing pond on 2700 W. and had a picnic. The kids had a great time, although we didn't catch anything. I wouldn't go to this pond again...there wasn't any fish action(we also went at a bad time) plus to get to the water you have to climb down a pile of rocks. When you have little kids who want to climb up and down it is a problem. The good thing is that it has a big shade tree and a picnic table that kept us cool.


No comments: