
Maddie had strep throat 4 times last summer, in just 3 mths time. We were told that the strep was harboring in her tonsils and the only way would be to get them removed. So in August she had a tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy. Yet, 6 mths later....

We are at the instacare again (out of the 5 times she never gets it during normal doctor hours:) She was fevered, lethargic and I sensed it was strep again. Rob said she was fine, but moms have that gift that we just know. So she officially has strep and has to take those nasty antibiotics that I have to force her to swallow for ten days. It isn't life threatening, but I think now what? Before when she kept getting it we were told the solution was getting her tonsils out. They are gone and I worry that she is going to start repeating it all over again and there is nothing left to take out! The specialist does think that repeated strep does cause other physical problems that can be harmful.Poor kid went through a really crappy surgery because her mommy promised her that she wouldn't get strep anymore! Anyways, I just hope it is a one time thing and won't come back for a few years or so if at all:)

Luckily after a day of antibiotics she is up and playing. I am not so sure about this particular choice for her wedding dress:) She had her baby in the other room first before her wedding, and I told her I would prefer she had the wedding first then the baby:)

3 comments:
how sad, poor thing! that's got to be tough....
darling "wedding pic".
i have a blog too, cutelilmortonfamily.blogspot.com
check it out if you get a chance..
Tiffanie I am so sorry! Strep is not fun at all, I hope they can figure it out and she can stop getting it!
Oh my goodness it keeps coming to her poor thing. Give her my love I hope she gets better I need to update my blog I have not done that forever. She looks cute in the wedding dress lol. Cuteness
Post a Comment