
I am so proud of my Maddie! In December Maddie's preschool started sending books home to read and bring back the next school day for a new one. Each time they would add new words and get longer. Sometimes we would keep it a couple days to make sure she got down some of the complicated words. Today I looked in her backpack and found this letter from her preschool attached to a bookmark. It reads: "Congratulations! You have completed all of our reading books! But don't stop there. The library will have many more easy books for you, so check them out!" I am so proud that she is learning so well, but I am even more excited that she enjoys it! She can be pretty stubborn but she is always eagar to read to me. We were waiting at the doctors office ans she was able to read 90% of this Dr. Suess book to me and she was so suprised she could read a "real" book. Man was our generation stupid or what, because I didn't learn to read until 1st grade. I remember learning my letters in kindergarten for the first time! AJ is doing the things I was doing in kindergarten at age 3. He credits all of his learning to his bigger sister teaching him, so I am not pushing anything:) I LOVE to read so I am just giddy that my kids are learning to enjoy it as much as me!

No comments:
Post a Comment