"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Friday, September 4, 2009

The return of the "FOR SALE" sign...

Great Home in Riverton for $197,500
I know my neighbors are thinking, "can the Sterzers just make up their mind?". Last year we tried to sell it on our own, then took it down, only to have it back up a month later with a realtor. It did not sale after 4 months or so and we decided with too many uncertainties we would try later.

Then me and my husband decided that we would stick around for a few more years or so, so I started to get myself comfortable in this home. It isn't my ideal place to be with our growing family, and it was supposed to be a temporary situation, but I could adjust. The neighbors are great and it is a area, and we have had a lot of great memories in this home.

Then my husband came home when day and said, "honey, you are going to be mad at me..." That is always a great way to start the evening:) He told me his friends wife is a realtor and she would give me a call this week. I would say "mad" is a strong word, but I was ticked off! We have already been through this. I spent last year keeping this place in viewing condition for 6 months to have strangers walk through it with little notice. I was getting used to the idea of sticking around, and he was messing with my mind! So I told him so and being the sweet husband that he is he dropped it. Then I started thinking about it...

Moving now or moving later, really doesn't matter---we will eventually move. But later means I will have more kids to take out of school and away from friends. Our plan was to wait until the lat kid was in school and I could go back to work and help pay for a larger home. But lets get real here---I may never stop having kids and we can't fit here forever:)

Our top priority from the beginning is that I stay home with our kids. We are not willing to bend on that. Therefore, we can not afford a huge, brand new home on one income. There is something so tempting about building a huge gorgeous home designed by you, but it is not worth struggling to pay the mortgage each month. So we thought about what we really want....

We are old fashioned people I guess you could say. We want a chicken in the backyard... We want a lot of land full of fruit trees---so I don't have to mooch off of everyone else:) We feel content in a more established area and a house a little less "cookie cutter".

There is also the advantage right now of short sales and foreclosures to get houses at great deals. So between us selling low, and buying low, we may finally get the house that we plan on staying in. The adventerous part is that if our house does sell quickly, we will move into an apartment down the street and wait for "THE" house. The hard part is selling---there are tons of houses to buy right now at great prices.

Your job now is to get the word out!!! I know there is someone out there who would love to be here, and I have to find them. Someone who doesn't plan on having 26 kids:) Here is the link to the listing---click on PROPERTY TOUR for great views!

1 comment:

Genesis said...

Yes I will get the word out for you. I think it is good that your family moves into a bigger house because your growing. Lol more kiddos which is good thing. Anywho I will do my best it looks great. I feel it will sell !! Nice is it funny to go back and forth moving what a great thing lol. Gen