Wow, I was just getting used to the idea of selling the house. I was really dreading the months of keeping the kids from messing the house so people can come look at moments notice. Turns out it was only 2 days of mad cleaning and hiding out while people came. It went on the MLS and we got 3 calls that day to come look. That night we got an offer. The next day, 3 more people came, and one more offer. We got the exact price we asked for!
So now I switched into buyer mode. What great deals out there! Of course it is unfortunate for those who are losing their houses on short sale or foreclosure. I can't help them, but I can take advantage of the opportunity. I just spent the past 2 hrs going through all of the houses on short sale and desperate people and I have 9 houses that I would love--under $220,000. Meaning that they start at $199,000 and even with a good bid we wouldn't pay more than 220,000. We can have the large house and afford it on one income. Yeah! They are between 2300 sq ft and 3500 sq ft in Riverton, Bluffdale and Herriman and have at least .23 acres. I have seen some of the ones that have sold and I am amazed what you can get if you wait a few months!
We close Oct 7 and if we haven't found a sure deal we will live in an apartment down the street (and continue going to our ward) until we find a short sale that works for us. I am a bit excited for the apartment as well with a gym, theater and pool AND we will save a few hundred each month while we wait. We wanted something pleasant so we wouldn't get impatient waiting for a short sale.
What have I learned from this? Last year I wanted this so bad. I had a house to be built, all of the colors and cabinets picked and ready to start building. But our house wouldn't sell... We later backed out because we weren't having much luck selling and we realized that in all of the excitement of the new house we forgot what we said from the beginning---that we didn't want to be in a stressful mortgage that could prevent me from staying home. If we sold our house this fast last year, we would have built the house and be overwhelmed right now. It didn't work out but we prayed from the beginning to have guidance to know His will and had faith that if it was right it would work out. If not we would be patient until the right time came. So we both decided we could be comfortable here for another 5 years or so despite our growing family and tight quarters.
Then the realtor called me. I told her straight out that I wasn't interested and talked quite awhile with her about my feelings. But I couldn't get it off my mind and called her back the next day, a little embarrassed:) I really like her confidence and approach to her work. She had the virtual tour and sign up the next day. She also lives down the street, is LDS and has 5 kids of her own(teenagers). She is also loan officer and knows that side of the business as well. Anyway, I recommend her:)
So now we start the adventure in finding THE house for us!!!
8:00
4 days ago

2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS on the sell of your home and expecting baby # 4. Hopefully you find a home before the baby gets here. You should buy a home in our neighborhood!We live in Herriman now.
Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations!
Post a Comment