I don't think I have allowed myself to completely get excited yet until I know it is official.We start talking about it though and it is hard to believe we found the house that had all of the things we wanted, in one house. Our top priorities that we love about this house: it is 3,028 sq ft. with .23 acres of fenced in yard and deck---we already have plans where all of our fruit trees and garden will go. The kids have plans for a swing set:) It is a rambler---no more vaccuming and chasing kids up and down 3 levels! It has vaulted ceilings, place for my barstools, a mud room, open kitchen, a normal driveway with room to expand as well for basketball standard, formal and living room and 3 bedrooms upstairs. No HOA or narrow roads like now... Rob was giddy in the basement! It isn't finished and he has plans for 2 more bedrooms,(one my scrapbook room:) huge cold storage for our food storage, a huge family room with room towards the back for Robs weight system and maybe a treadmill for me. On the opposite side is a open area as big as the living space that will be the kids playroom. I am excited for the potential of the space, but not patient enough for Rob to finish it:) It is also a plus that we were able to stay in the price range we wanted and got it for $230,00 with them paying $6,000 of our closing costs. We will put $10,000 down to get our loan even less and keep the mortgage down. Interest rates are great right now, so that helps as well. The part that makes me really excited it that before we move in we will get new carpet put in. It really grosses me out for some reason to have someones old carpet, so I made a deal with my hubby:) Plus we will probably repaint it before we move in as well. We are excited to be able to grow in this home instead of it being a transition home. Oh, I forgot to mention where it is:) We had a few places we were looking: Bluffdale, Riverton, Herriman, South Jordan and West Jordan---as long as it was west of Bangerter. This house about 4800 west and 8500 S. in a nice area--plus Rob works in West Jordan so it is an ideal spot. I will be 15-20 from my family now instead of 5, but I think we will survive:)
In the kids world, this is what is going on...
Maddie joined in the watermelon contest at our ward party. It was pretty cute. She did a good job, but definetly not as fast as the older guys--plus she refuses to eat the black seeds:)
We had a yard sale on Saturday and Maddie was determined to hace a otter pop stand. It was pretty chilly in the morning but she sat by her otter pops bundled up, waiting for someone to buy her melting pops:)
Aj had his 4th birthday on the 24th. He went to preschool that morning and I was invited to talk to his class about him for a few minutes and share a birthday treat. After we went to McDonalds for lunch as a family---it is nice that Rob had his tonsilectomy and is home for a few weeks.
AJ wanted an ocean party. I was a bit busy and forgot to to take pictures of all of the fun--I neglected to tell my camera man to focus:) We had a fishing pond, made snow globes with ocean creatures to go inside. For dinner the kids (5 cousins and my 3) had fish sticks, dolphin chicken nuggets, blue jello with swedish fish, goldfish crackers and blue fish ice cubes in sprite. We put all of the furniture in the moving truck so we had a lot of space in the front room. I decorated it with blue streamers, balloons, sea creatures and seaweed the night before. We also had blow up sea creature beach balls that were shaped like sharks, crabs, octopus, and fish.
On Sunday we went to Robs side of the family for cake and ice cream. We invite Robs parents(well, it is their house:) and Robs grandparents and aunt that the kids adore, plus Robs siblings. We had the official birthday cake here---the ocean scene, since we had blue cupcakes with whale suckers at the kid party.
Big Girl Bed-- Since we needed to pack up the big ol' crib we thought it would be a great time to put Chey in a big bed. The other kids were in beds by now, but she is not as good of a sleeper. I really didn't see her actually staying in the bed! Her first night we put her in bed and followed the same routine, but she started crying with the new change. So Daddy just held her for a few minutes until she was calm, then asked her if she was ready to climb in bed. She said, yes, and went right to sleep for the night! Occasionally I get a little wanderer coming in my room at 3 am and I have to walk her right back:)
Other times I go in the room and find this:
Big sister says "Chey wasn't tired so I read her some stories and let her sleep with me". This only happens once in a while luckily---I don't want her to rely on sleeping with someone each niight. It is pretty sweet though..

4 comments:
wow lots going on! i'm glad you guys found a house you like...hope it all works out :)
I hope the house works out for you, we will miss you but glad you are not too far!
I really hope everything with the house goes okay. It's a great house. I'm also sorry about the morning sickness. I still have it also and wish it would just go away.
Great house, and now you are closer to where I live :) We really need to get the kids together before we possibly move out of state!
I hope everything goes smoothly with the new house.
Post a Comment