"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Day of School

My cute kindergartener! We both made it through the day and neither of us cried:) She was just so excited and confident, and although I wanted to hug and kiss her 100 times I was okay with her. I am sure later on this year, when she gets her feelings hurt, confused or overwhelmed, I will sit down and cry. For now I am taking it in baby steps:)

The day before school started, Maddie wanted to have a carnival at our house like the neighbors did. I am not sure why I agreed to this considering it was a lot of work for me:)
I filled up about 100 water balloons. I poured all of our spare change and timed the kids to see how much money they could collect in 30 seconds.


We borrowed my mom's snow cone machine...

Rob was home and even tried the slip and slide...it wasn't pretty:)
I set up a fishing pond and hooked up things like fruit snacks, smarties, and mini playdohs. We only did this a few times, despite the fact they wanted to "fish" all day:)

Cheyenne just wanted the treats without fishing:)














No comments: