"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Beach in Herriman

They just had the grand opening of a new lake in Herriman last week, so we checked it out. I love that Maddie is off track and we can go without the crowds while all of the other kids are in school. They had so much fun in the water, and me being an aquaphobic really wasn't paranoid either. It is quite shallow by the beach and the water is pretty clear.
Rob didn't need to go to work until 1 pm so he took the kids on the raft. We don't have a life jacket small enough for Chey, so I stayed back with her.
Sadly, she saw them in the raft and followed behind daddy dragging the life jacket out to the boat:) She looked confused...

So we put the raft close to shore and let her sit in it---she is quite comfortable and grinning:)
The only bad thing about our day was there were 2 bees that were pretty gutsy. Cheyenne sat on one apparently and ran to me saying "bum!" and I looked and saw quite the welt developing:(



2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, poor little bum!

Sara said...

I just read your response to Aubrey's blogpost.... So congrats to you too!! :-)