"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Little Graduate

My Maddie graduated from Small Wonders Preschool last Friday. They learn a lot of songs and their graduation they sang 25 songs ---stinking cute!

I have been very impressed with her school and recommend it for 4-5 year olds. The 3-4 year class is more of a social group I hear, but this year is a great mixture of both. She adored her teacher and so did I:)

I have loved to watch her learn this year. They evaluated each child in the beginning of the year and start sending books home with them. They gradually get more difficult and the kids return them when they are ready. I love to read and love to see her love for reading as well. She is the oldest in the class so she has an advantage I am sure. I find a new book and she says she can't read it, and then she amazes herself by reading it. It is also nice to have her reading to her little brother and sister, and save my voice:) Her goal is to read all of the Dr. Suess books we have before kindergarten starts. I personally am not a big fan of these books because they don't make sense and they are so long, but they are fun and someone told me once that they help kids be better readers and get a larger vocabulary.

So off to Kindergarten....I pretend that it is so far away and I won't have to deal with it. I will just cry all day...and the rest of the week when she goes to school:) I enjoyed the learning part of school but I worry about who she will play with, if some kid makes fun of her, if she gets lost or afraid....her mommy won't be there! Rob says I canb't keep them in a bubble, but I am trying to come up with a plan...

No comments: