"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Hubby!

Rob turns 29 today- and boy am I glad that he is closer to 30 than me:)If you don't know him very well I thought I would spend a few minutes to tell all about him. Keep in mind it is HIS birthday and it will have to all be nice and I can't share any really embarassing pictures:)
Some things haven't changed since he was little. He is still adorable!

Some things have changed. He likes kisses from girls now:) Isn't this a cute pic of him and his little sister?


Rob can be serious about a lot of things....

He is serious about sports. He loves most sports. Anything BYU is his thing and he has trained our children accordingly. I was also introduced to board and card games when I met him and realized how competitive he can be. IF I actually win him he is cranky for the rest of the night, so it is a good thing he usually wins:)

He is serious about work. At one point he worked 2 jobs each day for our family. Now he works just as hard. He also is my handy man that has taught himself so many things. He built an attic that has been a huge asset for all of our junk, and baby stuff. He also built our basement last year, after work, while he helped me on bedrest. I grew up with a handy man daddy and I love having Rob have a huge desire to do the same. Of course this means more tools...

He is serious about food. I have no idea why I took a picture of him and his waffle:) He served his mission in Italy so he knows good Italian food. He can actually cook it too, but I only see that once a year or so:) I spend a lot of time planning and preparing food because it is a big way to show him how much I love him.

He is serious about his religion. He is always studying to learn more. Always the one to remind the kids to say their prayers and read our scriptures. He has had many "jobs" in the church but right now he is the sunbeam teacher. Teaching 10+ 3 year olds may be a dreaded task, but he takes it seriously. He talks about each child and how he can help them, or how good they were that day. He finds ways to keep them focused and help them understand. He also takes his hometeaching seriously and visits each family every month. This picture is of him shoveling the gate to our neighborhood. It was christmas morning and people weren't able to get out so he went out for the second time and dug it out. I told him it was hot:)

He is serious about his family. The kids love to wrestle with their daddy and get piggy back rides around the house. A lot of daddy's love to play but what I love most is his desire to teach them. Whenever there is a learning moment he is there to teach them. Whether it is about religion, manners, service, practical skills. He has always taught them the importance of the Sabbath day and how they should do special things on Sunday. Watching Disney movies are for the other 6 days. So when the Super Bowl rolls around he doesn't even attempt to watch it because he wants to be an example for his children. I am glad that a man who is so serious about sports, is more serious about teaching his children.

Well, that's my honey. Too bad I got to him first huh:)

2 comments:

Genesis said...

That's awesome to hear about him. Tell him I said Happy Birthday too well Jason said it from both of us. TTYL

The Barneys said...

Happy Birthday Rob