"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The real post

I got distracted yesterday and posted without finishing. So if you were confused what I was talking about this is why:)
Aj had to stand up like the big kids:) This was great little sled because it was easy for me to pull and the kids weren't afraid to go down any hills. They seemed content to go at the speed that was safe for me around the field.
Maddie has this obsession every year with sliding down hills on her stomach, like a penguin she says:)

Just some cute holiday pictures. Cheyenne had a mini gingerbread house and ate more candy than anything else:)Such beautiful houses this year! They are getting more artistic. I even kept them from eating the house until Daddy saw it. Then I told them they could eat the backside first. Seems such a waster to buy and take so much time to decorate it, then eat it on the way home! I miight as well give them a bag of candy and save money and time:) Christmas morning:)
Christmas was fun for the kids. They played all day long---unfortunately Cheyenne plays with everything but her toys. When I brought out Maddie's doll house, Cheyenne's eyes lit up and she hasn't left it alone since:) Silly Aj kissing a basking shark. He is obsessed with the ocean and got every sea creature they had online had this speciality store.

I am so relieved Christmas is over, and I feel bad for that. It should be a time to focus on Christ but when you have a family of your own and family around you it involves a lot of late parties, cranky kids as a result, more cooking, cleaning, shopping, and preparing and socializing. I am not a party girl and prefer to be at home, so all of the activity gives me anxiety. It is nice to have no plans:)

2 comments:

Genesis said...

That is so true all those parties means no rest. I am glad to relax now too.

Trenda said...

I agree. I am glad it is over too! Sad, but true. :)