"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nutcracker and Cookies

Nutcracker
My sisters and I took our girls to the Nutcracker on Saturday. It was our first experience with the ballet so we didn't want to pay to much. We went to Mountain West performance that was in Sandy. Most people wore there regular clothes, but the little girls decided they wanted to be fancy, so we all dressed up:)
The dancing was good, as far as I know ballet:) I was impressed with the muscular legs on some of these dancers. I was amazed at the balance and the strength of their bodies. Other times the twirls and jumps all started looking the same:)
At intermission Maddie was grinning and said she really liked it. That is before we realized it was intermission...and there was another hour.... she, and I, got noticeably tired and antsy after that:)
Afterwards I took Maddie shopping to pick her gifts for AJ and Cheyenne. It is rare to have her by herself, so it was nice to have this night out together:)

Sugar cookies
I always wonder, "what was I thinking?" about an hour too late when it comes to cookie decorating:) That is the time that I am coated in frosting and sprinkles and have the next hour reserved for cleaning up the disaster...but they had fun right?
My little girl, coated in green frosting. She was all about putting candy and sprinkles on it before she ate it and rubbed the remaining cookie all over herself...
Aj takes his time decorating his cookies. He is very particular about getting them just right:)

Maddie could decorate for hours. The other kids went off to play, but she enjoyed having it all to herself. She does a pretty nice job too. Although she wants to know when she will be old enough to decorate as good as me:) I had to decorate all of the ones for neighbors considering the kids licked their knife between colors:)

2 comments:

Darci said...

cute! my kids also licked the knife...and then they only wanted to eat the ones tyler and i decorated!

Jena said...

We miss you guys!