"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stuff

 We went to their "Pa's" work party and got some awesome face painting done. Carson got a fish on his hand.
The shark opens his mouth:)

 We took the older 2 hiking Timpanogos cave. It has been a long time since I had been so I wasn't sure what to expect. Rob had never heard of it unitl he met me...he's lived in Utah his whole life but apparently it was under a rock:) I told him it would have been a fun date, besides "hanging" out at his house:)
My hiking buddy
It was a steep hike but so beautiful and not hot yet, so it was pleasant. It was so fun to just be with kids and not have to change, feed, or nap someone. I worry that I will miss all of their baby years, but I think I will really enjoy just hanging out with them and enjoying it. The kids did good.

Maddie has been our great hiker, runner in the past and AJ a little slower but the boys were in front and Maddie seemed to complain a lot more needing rest.
half way to the top
We survived the hike and are ready to go in the cave

Amazing inside the cave
 I have been enjoying cooking a lot lately. Never really liked cooking, but being married has given me that opportunity:) I have really liked trying different recipes to figure things out. But recently discovered Americas test Kitchen on PBS---I am sure there are a lot of great shows but we don't have cable:) I love that they try the recipe 100 times so I don't screw it up 100 times. Plus they tell you why it works that way scientifically so we are being educated:)
Maddie loves to cook by herself. She made these cookies with me just reaching a few things.We watch the "Americas test kitchen" together:)


His first cooking with mom...bacially I needed to keep him contained because he kept opening dvds and throwing them over the stairs....


Focaccia bread...Americas test kitchen...a long process of waiting, but pretty easy to make. And soooo tasty. Crispy on outside but soft and chewy inside. I made it through the whole long process and then doubled the kosher salt the last 30 minutes while it cooked...seriously. But it was still tasty

Cream cheese coffee cake recipe... Carson helped with this one so clean up was worse:) Has a lemon taste to it and lemon zest and almonds on top. Super tasty too.

1 comment:

Genesis said...

So cute. I am going to follow your blog too. The kids look adorable. To bad we were not able to go to the work party since we had food poisoning.:(