"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, June 27, 2011

Fasting



I am just so proud of these two! On Saturday I told the kids that their former primary president was disagnosed with cancer and the ward was having a special fast for her the next day. Maddie got excited and said she was ready to fast the whole day...she has skipped breakfast a couple of fast Sundays to break herself in. AJ also stepped up and said he would go the whole day too.

If you have been around my kids you know that they are hungry ALL of the time...on the hour I hear "I am hungry"... But I told them we would work on it together and keep busy. So on Sunday we said a family prayer to open our fast and we had FHE and did a puzzle, took a family walk...and kept focused. Off to church at 1:30. Maddie forgot that she was even fasting during primary.  After church AJ told me "I didn't even feel hungry today....I think Jesus helped me", and we knew that these two gained so much from this experience, and did have extra help.....I realized that there are going to be so many of these proud moments as they grow, and I am excited for them:)

1 comment:

Shelise said...

WOW, that is sooo cool. We have been talking about it with our kids but so far they have no reason to try it. I guess if they have a good enough reason, it works. Good for you!