AJ isn't like any ordinary boy, and that exactly what I love about him. He isn't like those boys in his preschool class that belch the alphabet and fart and laugh. If he does either, he excuses himself like a gentlemen. I love that he watches March of the Penguins and he tears up when the penguin mommy gets killed. Because he is sensitive like that AND he loves animals so much.
Don't get me wrong, every once in awhile he pulls an aggressive attitude on his sisters, attacks Maddie's pet shops with his dinosaurs, and hits a home run playing baseball with dad...that reminds us he is all boy.
But I love that he gets overprotective if Chey gets too close to the street, or if Maddie is getting her shots. I got my brows waxed and he was so worried I was going to get hurt and begged me to not go through with it:)
The sweetest thing is that at least once a week he creates a picture, book, or card, for one of us and leaves it by our door. Sometimes both of his sisters will wake up to a shark and ocean creature pictures with "I love you" on it.
I know moms like to brag, (it's my blog after all:) but he is also the smartest little guy out there! He knows more sharks, dinosaurs and sea creatures than I knew existed... I can't pronounce him like he can either:) When he goes to the library he loads up on books about different animals, dinosaurs, science topics, and soaks them up. He recently got into falcons and was thrilled when we found out and visited a neighbors pet falcons.
He just started his 2nd year of preschool and is loving it. She works so great with the level he is at and keeps him progressing. He is reading the beginning level books that include mostly sight words and words he can sound out. At home he can usually be found drawing detailed pictures(mostly ocean stuff) and writing a "story" on each page. He uses up most of my tape and type paper creating books:) He sounds out a lot of the words or comes to me every few minutes to ask me how to spell something. He is never bored and I love it!
That and he has an amazing smile:)
It is pretty cute to see our little Carson's similarities to AJ. AJ was a big boy as well, and bald:) Sometimes I see a picture and even I swear it is Carson. The biggest clue is to look at their eyes--AJ has beautiful copper brown eyes and Carson has baby blues.
My AJ at 5 mths

4 comments:
Happy Birthday to A.J.! He's such a cute boy! That is crazy how much your boys look alike at that age. My girls were like that. Now I can see where Kamryn is taking on her own look. I have loved though how she's reminded me of my older two but then brought her own personality into it.
I think brag all you want. Later in life you'll be glad you wrote all that & so will your kids. They'll love reading about themselves, especially when they're having hard times. They can see how much you have always loved them & all the fun you guys had. Your a great mom!
Happy Birthday A.J. I can't believe he's already 5. I have to say that he really is a smart kid.
What a sweet little man he's growing up to be : ) Actually, all of the ways that you describe A.J. remind me of my Mason.
As always, your blog just makes me think of what a wonderful Mother you are to your sweet children. You are a great example Tiffanie!
Ah that is so adorable. I love reading your blog. I am thinking of getting back into it. He is getting so big and he is so smart. He looks a lot like Carson.
Post a Comment