"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, November 16, 2009

Bubbles

I am so relieved this week is over. I had my side of the family come over on Sunday to celebrate Cheyenne and Maddie's birthdays. I wanted to have the house pretty much unpacked, but already had the essentials unpacked. BUT I have been known to have some major OCD issues and well, the thought of all of those boxes in the garage was driving me crazy. I didn't unpack every box, mainly because I don't need all of it---you know, clothes that kids outgrew, things that were in attic, things I jsut can't get rid of:) BUT I did go through every single box to make sure and haul in anything that I needed or wanted now. I had the heavy ones carried in by Rob the night before. Although I am pregnant my doc assured me that besides being really tired and sore the next day, me and the baby would be fine doing this work as long as I didn't lift more than 30 lbs. I didn't intend on decorating but while I was going through each box I figured I might as well get out what I wanted to save me time later.

By Saturday night it was officially an unpacked and decorated house--then it was time to get ready for the party the next day:) So I cleaned up an messes and decorated for the bug party. As I waited for the butterfly, bee and ladybug balloons to get filled at Smiths, I thought about the cake that still needed to be decorated at home---it was almost 9 pm. I am pretty sure I was going to cry right then and there at Smiths thinking about the next few hours covered in frosting and sooo tired already. So I bought one at Smiths and put on my own plastic bugs--it was really cute and so worth not having to worry about it for the night. I still had vaccuming and laundry to finish....

The party went well and the girls had fun---choatic, noisy, cousin fun----and I am sooo glad to not worry about birthdays for another year....now I have a week before Thanksgiving festivities. Then of course Christmas time will be crazy. I am sure it will all slow down when the new baby comes right:)I told the kids we could fill the jetted tub really full and have a fun bath. Well, I figured the more bubbles the better....with the jets going the bubbles just kept getting higher and higher. I turned them off but it was a crazy amount of bubbles. I figured it was okay to post bathtub pictures because the bubbles cover up any parts:) Cheyenne thought it was fun to put the bubbles in everyones hair, Maddie was seriously eating them and AJ was seeing how low he could go:)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow. I am extremely jealous! I want a jet tub that can create hollywood like bubble baths!

The Barneys said...

They look like they had so much fun with all the bubbles. I'm going to call you superwomen.