AJ had his 4 year old well check today, and did great! He is 40 lbs (80th%) and 41.5 inches tall (77th %). He is such a smart little guy...I am amazed at him every day. He keeps himself so busy drawing every kind of shark(don't ask me all of those names...:) and doing fusion iron beads for hours. Yesterday he "wrote" a book that had skarks all over it and random letters written all over. He "read" it to me...what a great imagination:) Luckily age 4 is the magic number for him and we are already seeing his tantrums decrease and being a better helper...good days and bad days of course, but it used to be good hours and bad hours...
Cheyenne decided last week that she has no need for pants or diaper....so she started running around naked all day! We came home from my moms on Sunday and discovered she was naked under her dress... So I decided to encourage the potty more, since she is naked already. The potty has been in the bathroom since she started walking, but just casually used. I really didn't plan on potty training until we are in our new place and she was 2, but like the others kids did at different ages, she let me when she was ready. I have been trying to keep on top of it but not overly strict about it, ya know. I am surprised, and a bit annoyed,when she comes in my room at 6 am each morning and says, "momma, potty". From that time on she goes until her last potty at night. There has been an a occasional accident, during naptime especially, but I am surprised at her control. I took Maddie and Aj to the Walmart potty after hours of errands and I didn't even think about taking Cheyenne. Like I said, we are running around crazy I am not going to freak out if she goes in her pull-up. But right there in the Walmart bathroom she started taking off her pants and told me potty! She still had a dry pull up and went on the big toilet without question! Those big automatic toilets always scared my kids so I thought she would back out. I had a proud mommy moment as my oldest handled everything herself in one stall, Aj in another standing up to go, and my baby girl next to them going too----pathetic I know to get all giddy and misty about peeing but they are all growing up so much! I have some super cute potty training pics but not sure if I want my half naked girl on here. The princess got the stool to rest her feet on the other day, and put a blanket on her lap while she went:)
I am so proud and amazed at my Maddie! She is doing so well in kindergarten, and I am so grateful she has a teacher that helps each kid at the different levels they are at. Last week Maddie finished her first chapter book! The teacher sent home different books to find out what level she was at, and Maddie is reading at a 3rd grade level! I love watching her read and enjoy these books, plus we get alone time each night as she reads a chapter to me.
We made some sugar cookies last week that were pretty tasty, but a huge mess....

We also discovered a little park tucked into some of the condos down the street so we can get out of this little place once and a while.
I survived a trip to Gardner village last week with mine and my sisters kids. They did really well, although the candy store was completely chaotic...
I survived a trip to Gardner village last week with mine and my sisters kids. They did really well, although the candy store was completely chaotic...

3 comments:
yeah for Cheyenne! won't it be nice to only have one in diapers!?!
Good Job Cheyenne!! Tiffany your kids are just so smart and cute.
I am so happy for you that AJ is shaping up after turning four..... Dallin still has yet to show any improvement and it's highly possible he is getting worse. And so nice for you to have no diapers at all. YEAH!
Post a Comment