"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Easter lasted about three days for our family. My big sister is in town with her family and we make the most of it while they are here.
We had a church breakfast and easter egg hunt. This picture is afterwards when the kids decided the plastic eggs were fun to throw at their dad.

An hour later we were at the park for the annual family Easter picnic. Lucky ol' me was in charge of it and I am glad it all went well. Our family is increased to about 100 people so it can be kind of tricky to get everyone and everything to make it to the party. It was cold but luckily no rain. We decided it would be nice if we had it in June next year:)

Easter Best Cheyenne also visited nursery on Sunday with me along with her. She still has a few weeks before she is 18 mths but I wanted to see how she would do. She didn't even notice I was there, or that I left for a few minutes. I am excited for the official day! I love my sweet girl but she enjoys the hallway more than going to class:)

We had church at 9 so the kids had just enough time to see their Easter surprises and then get ready for church. We went directly to the in-laws after to visit and then to my sisters for dinner and fun with all of the cousins.

I bought a bunch of these animal baskets on clearace 2 years ago and since we have 2 more baskets in the attic, Maddie says that means we need 2 more kids:)
At my sisters house we had a blast with all of the kids ( 9 kids under 11 years old). My sister loves to be the host of the party and always has great activities. We had another egg hunt but this time the eggs had spiritual paper eggs inside that took us through the story of Christ's life and resurrection. We also colored eggs.Cheyenne was given one egg to color and she was fascinated that it turned out colored. Within a few minutes she crushed it in her hands and found that it was in fact something to eat.
Maddie usually gets pretty creative.
Last year AJ colored all of his eggs blue, including his hands. This year it was all about the green:)
On Monday we spent the day at my sisters house in Clinton. Yes, we had another egg hunt, this time with prizes and little toys inside. We decorated our traditional hostess snowballs like chicks and bunnies.
After some playing we had a birthday party for my nephew. Lets just say each night the kids sleep well after all of this chaos:)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

So fun! It sound like your weekend was as big as ours! I love the girl's dresses, especially Cheyenne's! I too can't wait until Becca goes into nursery, and that is still 6 months away! Eeek.

Your kids are adorable as always. I think you should grace the world with two more! ;)