"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Collections




I need computer help from all of you smart people out there. My computer is full of all of my digital photos and I need to save them to a disc. I have done it previously through photoworks.com, but it is not downloading for me. The problem may be that I have 1,959 pictures I am trying to download from 2007-now(who says you don't take as many photos after the first child:) It averages about 3 minutes per photo. Last time I downloaded about 700 but that was a couple years ago, and it didn't seem this annoying. I wondered if this was the best way. I know that there are burning devices that I don't have, or an added hard drive to store more. I did buy the cd roms to burn too but apparently my computer does not have that function. All I know is that my computer is probably as slow as it is because of my little collection. I would love any advice- I am afraid of losing my pictures in the event my computer is destroyed. I used to make a copy of each but storage became a problem with that. Besides that our day was pretty nuetral. We went to the park in my sisters neighborhood, and it has one of those bridges. Somehow I became the troll under the bridge in Maddie's reenactment of the Billy Goats Gruff. She tells me just what to say of course too. Later we just pretended there was a troll and I had the honor of being a billy goat with her and AJ. For our lunch we pretended to eat grass on the hill, where she insisted we pick these weeds for her collection. Both of my kids love to collect rocks, weeds, grass, bugs, dirt, the flowers from the garden....She insisted we put the weeds in a vase today. Not as bad as the snail she brought home in June. I agreed because I was obsessed with collecting snails when I was little too. It was so adorable until I found the jar empty in her closet the next morning. I had to go through the whole closet with careful hands looking for "Slimy". Of course it was on the second to last hanger in the closet. We freed him to the wild later that day, with the promise that if he wants to visit again he is welcome, but he needs to be in his habitat. I was shocked when 2 months later he was climbing on our rain gutters. YES, I know it was the same snail becasue I dropped the jar on him one day and put a big gash in his shell. The snail 2 months later had a imprint of the healed gash. Maddie and Aj showered him with leaves and grass until he decided to leave(to eat my garden no doubt). Yet, I don't learn my lesson becasue last week I fished in a pond to get tadpoles for them. I thought it would be a cool learning experience. Only to discover they were just some stupid mini fish and it was not worth keeping pond water in my kitchen.If anybody knows where I can find real tadpoles I would love that. I am willing to catch:) These pictures are of their latest collections: tomatoes, leaves from our bushes, peas,grass and dirt. Only the produce made it inside the house this time. Cheyenne continues to get faster and into everything.

1 comment:

TheRogersInUtah said...

You should just spend the money and get an external hard drive. That is what we have and every few weeks we just back everything up.