"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy, Busy


May is a busy month that I prefer to be over. I want them all to develop new talents and have new experiences but I hate the running around for appt, lessons, and balancing it all. It is really "fun" considering Carson is in potty training mode during all of this.
The chickens are apparently still the cutest things ever. They arw getting big and hte kids take pretty good care of them

Aj is an IRON Pig in baseball and we have games 2 times a week until teh first week in June. We have to be creative with dinnertimes and bedtimes on those times


We had fun dressing up for cousin Elijahs costume party
His pirate costume he will be using for his pirate bday party and halloween. It's all about the pirates with him this year



Cinderella partied hard

I never did get any good pictures of our little construction worker. He was  covered in sticky within minutes


<><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><>
They each got some funny glasses at the party. I have a picture of me but it isn't flattering:)


She got it into her mind to be Mary Poppins so we borrowed a couple things and altered some DI treasures and she was pretty cute




                                                        My actress
 She has been attending acting classes with "Up with Kids" preparing for Tangled production. Neither me or Rob are the acting type but her cousins have done it and loved it. I don't like the annoying play or the silly parts they have BUT I love that she can get up in front of all fo those people and not be afraid like I would have been.
I was annoyed that they had to return their dresses before I got good pictures:) She got a trophy and it made all of the hard work worth it:)
 The morning after... anyone who knows us well will know that me and Maddie are not morning people. I admit, we slept in our running clothes and woke exhausted at 6:20 am. We had to catch tracks at 7 and get downtown for the RACE FOR THE CURE. My dad has a good friend battling cancer and he asked us all to support her.
We got some cool scarves and hats, coupons, snacks...
Mom and dad, 2 of my sisters, BIL and nieces


Maddie has been growing her hair out to donate and today was the day! Fantastic Sams cuts it for free and sends the hair in to the company. When your hair is used for a wig for a cancer survivor or such they will send you a postcard.

Our little gymnast

 

She was so excited for gymnastics, but as soon as we got their she forze and wouldn't even sit with the class or do anything. Her second class she did great so I want to give her a few chances more to see if it is something to continue. It is the same tuition as acting, and since acting is over it isn't a financial difference. As soon as baseball ends we will start Maddie in soccer. We are trying to balance it out so we don't have everything at once:)

 It was a really crappy week before mothers day. I felt like I was rushing everwhere and wondering how I am going to pull it all off and make us a happy family and have time for each other in between it all. We just need to take it day by day. We aren't gone every day really but I miss the days of having no plans and just staying home and playing in the front yard eating popsicles. We have those days still but I keep jumping ahead and already missing the days they will end. It is silly because they are still young but I get carried away in my mind and worrying about things that I don't need to. It's a better week and I am grateful for each new day to be better:)

No comments: