"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Friday, March 23, 2012

My picture obsession...


I have taken so many pictures since I bought my new camera. I fianlyl decided on a Nikon D3100 and bought it with some tax return money. I promised my hubby it would be well used and I think I have proven that. He still looke faint when he paid that much money for something he knew I would be using around sticky kids and while playing in sandboxes. I told him my wages added up as a mom are about $3 an hour so he owed me a "bonus" :)




SOOO...I have taken about a million pictures and am behind on events so I am just going to put it all out here. Starting with the cakes I made in Feb and March.
My train cake looks like only something a crazy person would attempt..and I agree. It looked a lot easier on paper, I was frustrated and OCD took over. I did learn a lot from making it and the best part AND the reason I made it...He loved it:)

Robs birthday cake was pretty easy and he loved it. Took a picture with his phone to show his friends at work:)

I did this the day before the train cake and I really needed a cake break. The wedding anniversary for Rob's grandparents was the same weekend though so I did as much as I could the 2 weeks before that...making fondant, frosting, baking.
Cake for my Niece Lexi. My 3rd Tangled cake in a year:)

Maddie's creation. Carson was singing "happy birthday to you" :) After my cakes are done I let the kids have the extra fondant, cakes, etc and they creat masterpieces of their own.

My birthday cake. I tried out gum paste and my cricut cutter. It was pretty simple but tried out severeal new techniques. I did torting, new marble cake recipe, and new frosting tool for grooves.

Maddie helping with fondant in it;s sticky stage.That girl loves a good mess.

I love opportunites to make cakes and try out new things:) Problem is that it costs me about $15 in ingredients,a nd we really don't need random cakes around...but I think twice a month is good:)

Now my birthday Boy!! The big 2 years old




He was so excited when the whole family sang to him before he blew out the candles.

Love this sweet little guy. I found this hat for $1 and remembered he had some little striped overalls:)

Had to sneak some treats during picture time.

He had chocolate ice cream and cake in his ears by the time he was done...

treats for our guests


St. Patricks Day!!!
Same weekend as double cake craziness....but Leprechauns were expected to make an appearance:)
Love these little shoes laid out the night before to be filled with gold

Ironic he colored himself with green on that day...

Green food all day:)
I couldn't get any pics of the kids without restraining Carson:)

rainbow cupcakes.

Helping me make cakes:) (This is after I made them and I unplugged it:)

Gold hunt was a success. Tito our Chihuahua would later eat 6 of the chocolate coins...





My tall girl and her aunt and great aunt. I am giving her about 2 more years and she'll be their height:)



No comments: