"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Monday, November 14, 2011

Tangled Party

Madison had her first ever friend party on Saturday. I figured she has a special age and plus I was already going to do all of the decor, games and cake for the family party so I might as well make it worth it.

When all 10 girls arrived they sat and colored their Tangled pictures and sang in unison to the Tangled music. I thought "this is so precious, I acn handle this" "This" meaning a party of 10 little girls and my 4 kids under 8 as well, by myself....Sure I held the cranky baby most of the time, and a few of the girls got squirrelly and it was loud in between activities, but overall it went well and they all had a blast. And I survived.
I made these cupcakes for the friend party since I still wanted the cake in one piece for the family party the next day

we camoflouged 9 Pascals all around the house and had a hunt. These little guys seem simple but tiny and a pain to put together:)

I got most of the ideas from Supermoms blog and also the templates from disney family fun site

We used one Flynn for decoration on the door and this one for a game...

Hit Flynn with a frying pan:)

We had a lb of yellow yarn strung around different parts of the house for decoration. Another simple thing that took an extreme amount of time:)
The family party was the next day. This day was more of Chey's day since she didn't get a friend party. The girls birthdays are a week apart and have always wanted to share their parties



We have as many kids(cousins) at the family party as the friend party, but as many adults as well. In both parties the kids decorated shrinky dink charms and beaded a bracelet or necklace.


These Pascal blowers were in the gift bags and seemed to be fun for all ages...even my little guy figured it out until his slobber broke it:)


Moments before I cut it...I am ticked off that in the chaos I didn't put candles in and have the girls blow them out...I know ruining memories right? They didn't care a lick, but I still feel bad. Maybe because I missed a photo op? The cake took about 6 hrs...I lost count because I did different parts sporatically throughout the week. It is plastic containers covered with fondant on top, then rice krispy tower..that gave me the most stress at first, then cake as the base.

watching the shrinky dinks shrink is half of the fun:)


I am putting all of this and the hair decor in the next picture on Ksl to sell. I figured  I put about 10 hours into it that the next mom doesn't have too.  I have 8-10 of each coloring page, big bag of balloons-at least 5 of each color, 9 psacals to hide, Flynn posters plus 15 frying pans, 10 pink gift bags to fill, random yarn to tie balloons around house...plus the lb of yarn that took me about an hour to unravel and make into ponytails and braids.



I think she had a great time:) It is seriously like Christmas morning over here with all of their new toys:) and the mess that comes with all of that...

No comments: