"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Growing up...

My little girl is in 1st grade AAAAALLLLL day now. Don't worry I only cry when I think about it:) We are getting used to our new routine without her home. AJ and Maddie are such good friends that he misses his playmate, but Chey is filling in the gap. Which I think is good that they can build a strong friendship now. But as soon as she gets home AJ and Maddie head down to the play room for hours and Chey is usually not invited.
I am plenty distracted by the younger kids while she is gone, but every once in awhile I think about how she is growing up and this will be over. "This" meaning their childhood, and needing me like they do. One day she will be a teenager and I will be a pain to her. I will miss her sweet hugs and the notes by my door. Then I start thinking about all of the kids grwoing up and going through lifes stages, and I just blubber:) I hold this little baby in my arms and I know how much I will miss it. Yet, I don't want to have any more....I want sleep and more freedom that comes with them getting more independent....but I just haven't figured out how to let go and transition into these new phases.
Besides me, Maddie loves 1st grade. She is confident, smart and energetic, and I am so proud of her. When she comes home she isn't exhausted like I thought she would be. Her teacher is very young and makes me feel ancient...it is her first year teaching and after thinking about how I felt about her inexperience, and I met her, I feel she will do a great job and being new is still excited and has great ideas for this year.
We celebrated Pioneer Day at "This is the Place". I posted a lot of photos on facebook already, so find me on facebook:) Anyway, it was a long and fun day. My mom came with me and my sisters kids and helped out a lot. It is noce to have a pair of hands to hold him so I can help the other kids.


Just some cute pics this week:
Doesn't he look a little worried, and Chey a little bit crazy? It was very closely supervised:)

Keeping himself busy these days and doing a bit more.

Silly girl had to wear her winter hat while eating her popsicle.

Aj wanted to sleep with Carson that night but I just let them hang out for a while.
This is the attitude that I have to deal with:)

1 comment:

Genesis said...

Awe so cute she is growing up. What a cutie pie she is.