"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Thursday, March 18, 2010

St.Patricks Day...and upcoming events...

The night before the kids put out their nice shoes for the leprechauns to fill.....I am not sure where or when this tradition started, but me and my sister do it:) I realize that I take a crazy amount of pictures of St.Patricks day for someone who doesn't believe in Saints and not Irish, but it is fun to have a day away from the ordinary:)
In the morning the shoes are filled with gold and small gifts, such as stickers, a $1 book, St.Patty's day socks, etc.
The kids get excited about the holiday and wanted to wear as much green as possible. Tito wears his bandana every year and looks at me all day to take it off:) The kids even dressed up their stuffed animals with some green ribbons this year:)

I feel like a ticking time bomb this last week, trying to make sure I get everything in, in case I go into labor early. I told Rob where all of the gold was in case I went into labor early, although he just shakes his head at me and my holiday fun:) I will be going in on Saturday to get my water broke and it is so crazy to me to think about. 4 kids really?? I am getting more nervous about the labor and about the kids as the day gets closer. I know we will adjust, but that doesn't mean it will be easy. I want a 4th child but the first newborn part can be so difficult. Well, I guess it doesn't matter if I am ready or not, here it comes:)
I bought this shirt a few weeks ago, not even thinking about St.Patty's day but he wanted to save it just for this day:) I made green eggs, pancakes and green pears for breakfast. The kids were excited...
Except for Cheyenne, who refused to eat anything. I don't know if she wasn't hungry or just opposed to the color of her once normal food.
I found them each a pair of St.Patty's day socks that were adorable. I was wearing some too, but my feet aren't nearly as adorable:)
Cheyenne put hers on and looked back to admire them:)
We made cupcakes the Saturday before so I could give them to the people I visit teach that Sunday.


Then of course the gold hunt, which we had after school. It was funny because once they found them, Maddie and AJ went and hid them again for each other to find:)

3 comments:

Adam and Rachel said...

What a fun day! I am so excited for your new baby!!!! Looking forward to pics!

Ellingson's said...

good luck with 4. it's definately an adjustment. hopefully you have your mom or rob home the first few days to help. plus you have older kids to help out. good luck & hope everything goes well!

Club said...

Wow.... It's a very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures and content.

I like your blog.

I would like to invite you to visit:
http://club-kidzscience.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.