They made cute 'love bug' crafts out of pixy sticks. This is a project we do while Cheyenne is napping...she likes to...be curious.
The kids wake up on Valentines day with surprise bags at their door. I find a fun book for each them for $1 and some fun treats. Most of the time I scour the sales after v-day the year before to get things 90% off--not the treats though:)


They love rubber ducks so I was excited when I found these vday ducks 3/$1. They had 2 little girl ones and a boy one with a top hat, so it was perfect.
Me and Maddie discovered that we could wear matching outifts and be twins for church on Valentines Day. One day she will think this is embarassing, so I thought I should enjoy it while I can:)
Daddy made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast...if you used your imagination:) I ended up using the heart cookie cutter on the round pancakes to make some other hearts. But he insisted his were made with love:)
I gave each of them a marshmellow, heart shaped lollipop--they quickly had the mellow unwound and playing with it. It wouldn't be too bead except Cheyenne kept walking it like a dog and it was getting stuff stuck to the sticky mellow:(
After church the doorbell rang and a secret admirer left some stuff on the doorstep. Daddy refused to fess up, even through Maddie's questioning:)
I admit they already had enough vday stuff, but I make sure Rob gets them something each year especially from him. Usually I am the holiday planner and they know it. I remember one valentines day when my dad gave me a big swirly Tweety Lollipop and a card--I was about 8 and I still remember how special it was to me, because usually my dad was on the sidelines for holidays. I think the kids will remember their secret admirer gifts later on and will have those same feelings.
For dinner the kids each created their own heart pizzas. Me and Rob shared a large heart and also had heart jigglers.
I officially turned 34 weeks on Sunday. I don't even know what happened the last couple of weeks. I have been on top of it all, feeling so great for being pregnant. Usually I am double the size, awkward, hurting and so tired, so I was really enjoying it. With AJ I was aching in my knees, back, hips, swollen kidney problem by 5 mths. With Cheyenne I would just be getting off of bedrest after 2 mths. For all of you who think it is not fair that I was feeling so great at this stage ...you will be happy to know that I officially feel like crap now:)One day at 33 weeks I was unusually tired and sore. That has just continued since then. Just seems weird that it just hit like that. I wake up feeling pretty good but by 2 pm or so I am so exhausted and heartburn hits, sore back, this pain similar to the kidney pain I had with AJ, and lightheaded, dizzy, and although I am hungry all of the time I don't have an appetite at all. So I try to get all of the cleaning, bathing the kids, projects, dinner prepared before that exhaustion hits. I have a hard time just sitting...I feel guilty...so at least when I work extra hard that morning to get my list done, I feel like I earned it:)
I was thinking about the change and realized that I had all of the energy I needed during this pregnancy to pack up and move twice, put together all 3 kids birthday parties, be an active part of 3 major holidays for the kids...none of this would have been possible if I was on bedrest again and would have been a lot more difficult if I was feeling like this then. So basically I figured I had 8 mths to make it through all of these activities with the energy that I needed. Now that everything is settled down and Maddie is off track for 3 weeks it is a perfect time for my body to just take the time to relax until the baby is born. So even though I am not feeling the best now , I am trying to focus on the fact that it was a blessing to be given the strength when I needed it the most:)

2 comments:
you look so cute. I'm glad to hear you had the energy you needed to get through all that. I know what you mean though, it just hits you all the sudden & you feel like crap the rest of the pregnancy. Make sure you really do take it easy. Just remember your gonna have sleepless nights after the baby. Good luck!
You look great! I wish the best for you. Good luck in the coming weeks. Those last couple months are what I don't look forward to in having another child. I hope it all goes well.
Post a Comment