"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another delivery...



This is a common scene I see every day...a couple of times. Maddie delivers a "baby" and brings it too me ever so gently.Some days I have to deliver it and pull it out of her shirt. Other days we have a baby shower and I have to come up with a gift:) I am not sure is this is tactful or not, but she also nurses her baby. I know some people are awkward around breastfeeding moms, but that is what she has seen her mommy do, so she doesn't think twice.I hope she doesn't do it at preschool play time though:)


I am proud of her desire to be a mom---I was little when I knew I wanted to have a lot of kids too. Plus, I am glad because she was really against having any chidlren a few months ago. I finally got it out of her and she told me that she was afraid it was going to hurt her to much to have it. I told her that each baby was born different--she was born with a medicine that didn't hurt at all, Aj's was a little sore without medicine, and Cheyenne's hurt a lot. But she could choose any medicine if thats what she wanted. I told her all 3 babies were worth any of the pain. Soon after that she began delivering beautiful healthy babies:)


My one little problem is a question I recieved from Aj. Very serious he asked, "mom, can boys have babies too?" He put a doll in his shirt too and apparently Maddie told him he couldn't have babies because he was a boy. I told him he could help Maddie take care of the babies, but boys can't be pregnant. So Maddie continues to pretend and reminds AJ that God didn't make his body to hold babies. I think he got fed up with it, because today, he delivered a healthy baby boy:) i will discuss it further with him in a few years...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Too funny! I love the shot of her in the red sweatshirt...I can almost picture her 23 and pregnant!

Humanist mom said...

Hilarious! I have this book on how babies are made for kids, it is tasteful, but Stella sure had a lot of questions when I was pregnant with Weston. I still remember my birds and bee's conversation I had with my mom. I'm still a little disturbed by it.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I think I am pretty candid, but tasteful when I am pregnant. I donn't want the kids to think our bodies are something we need to be ashamed to talk about if we have questions. There are just the appropriate times and places. My parents never gave me the talk EVER so I ama little bitter about that. I don't want my kids to learn from the media and "friends".

Shelise said...

That is so funny. I remember shortly after I had Kylee, I took Dallin to his 3 year old check up and I was telling him that we were going to the doctor and he was going to have shots and all that good stuff. He thought for a minute and then said, "Mom, are they going to put Kylee back in your tummy?" Yikes, I hope not.