"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself". --Anna Quindlen



Sterzer Family 2013

Sterzer Family 2013

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1 Year stats and pics



Carson was not a big fan of his well check yesterday. Besides getting 3 shots he had the doctor do some "business" on his manhood that resulted in a lot of redness, bruising, and even a little bleeding. The foreskin was having issues and he had to do it prevent future infection. Poor boy moves wrong even today and he cries...he also tries to push his diaper away when I try to put a new one on. Here's to quick healing...


My big big didn't weigh as much as I thought he would...my back swears he is 30 lbs but he still weighed quite a bit at 26 lbs 9 oz...he was sick and had no appetite for a couple weeks recently so that is why he is so small:) He is 92 percentile in weight. His brother was a big boy I thought at 24 lbs at 1 year...


height is 95% at 32 inches tall. Now that he is cruising around it is obvious how tall he is as well.


Only one of my kids was walking at this point, so I don't expect it from him too much. Although he did go from crawling to cruising in one day, I figure once he decides to walk he will be up and going very quickly. He is quite the busy boy with what he does ; fascinated with anything electronic that is off limits, but avoids most toys that are fair game:) Walking could only mean trouble...although it would be nice to have him walk to ease my back a bit.


He loves to empty all of the kitchen drawers daily and swing the spatula around at anything...including the poor chihuahua. Digging in the garbage can is also a great way to pass the day...hopefully he does that after he digs in my flour bucket... He is so cute at it and yes, he gets pictures while he is being naughty so it encourages it I am sure:)


Are temper tantrums normal already? Aj picked up Carson's spatula and he wasscreaming & flinging arms around, until it was back in his hand...yikes!


He loves his siblings to play with him, although I have a feeling the attitude is being picked up from his Chey...when she gets in his face he pushes and "growls" at her.


He said ma ma first, and I love him for it:) Da da quickly followed though. I hear "AJ" at least 10 times a day though and it is pretty cute. He calls Maddie "moo" because I call her Maddie Moo. He says something when I call Chey, but it isn't too clear. He usually waves when you tell him to say hi, bye, or night-night, but the other night he said "night- night" so clearly, but never again since. Int he past couple weeks he has picked up on the usual signs we have the kids learn --he does "all-done" at dinner time, as well as "more" and "please", he nods and shakes his head too to communciate...The kids overdo it and make him sign "please" for everything unitl he gets ticked off:)

"All done"

He is sleeping 12 hrs a night and goes to bed with the other kids at 7:30----I am dumb and still end up getting to bed so late and am tired in the morning:) But I sure enjoy the peace at night. There is a big difference from being "woken up all night tired" and "staying up a little late tired" and I dread the newborn stage for the lack of sleep reason.


Cloth diapers have been working great for almost 5 mths now. It's nice to not have to buy formula now that he is a year and also no diapers...although with 4 kids the money is always needed somewhere, so I haven't seen too much extra hanging around:)


Family pictures are in a couple of weeks and I am dreading the day, but excited for teh end result....Carson hates the studio and hasn't smiled for months now. Hopefully be on location for pics will catch him in the moment and we will have at least 1 pciture out of 500 turn out:0

1 comment:

Ellingson's said...

Kyler already throws tantrums & has for months! It's amazing how fast they pick up on the bad behavior. He is quite the chunk! Kyler was 3% for his weight, at a whopping 18 lbs. We've finally gotten him to eat & hopefully he's gained some weight.